Because in the year which has passed since the Rock Point Presbyterian Church became part of the Main Street Presbyterian Church several additional and new members have been received, I give you here a complete list of members from the community.
Bankhead, Billy Joe Bankhead, Magness
Bankhead, Leonard Baker, G. B.
Baker, Mrs. G. B. Baker, Mrs. W. D.
Cunningham, James Cunningham, Leroy
Cunningham, Mrs. J. M. Dibley, John
Dibley, Donnie Joe Harris, J. T.
Harris, Mrs. J. T. Johnson, Ralph
Johnson, Mrs. Ralph Kirkpatrick, T. G.
Kirkpatrick, Mrs. T. G.
Kirkpatrick, Mrs. Fannie
Kirkpatrick,Walter Luttrell, C. H.
Kirkpatrick, Horace Marshall, M. M.
Kirkpatrick, Mrs. Horace
Mann, J. A. Mann, Willie
Raiden, Mrs. J. M. Reeder, Mrs. Gus
Shelton, Mrs. E. G. B. Shelton, E. G. B.
Shelton, Mrs. J. J. Shelton, Grace
Shelton, Luther Shelton, Mrs. Luther
Shelton, Harold Shelton, Mrs. E. T.
Shelton, W. A. Shelton, Mrs. W. A.
Shelton, Miss Dorris Shelton, C. B.
Shelton, Roy A. Shelton, Rufus
Shelton, Miss Ella Wishard, Mrs. Frank
Wishard, Pauline Young, J. M.
T. G. Kirkpatrick Grace Shelton
Mrs. T. G. Kirkpatrick
E. G. B. Shelton C. H. Luttrell
Mrs. E. G. B. Shelton Mrs. E. T. Shelton
J. J. Shelton G. B. Baker
Mrs. J. J. Shelton Mrs. G. B. Baker
Luther Shelton C. B. Shelton
Mrs. Luther Shelton Dorris Shelton
W. A. Shelton Ralph Johnson
Mrs. W. A. Shelton Mrs. Ralph Johnson
Harold Shelton Mrs. Frank Wishart
J. A. Mann Pauline Wishard
Willie Mann Mrs. Gus Reader
J. T. Harris Roy A. Shelton
Mrs. J. T. Harris Rufus Shelton
Miss Ella Shelton J. M. Young
Mrs. W. D. Baker Mrs. J. M. Riaden
Rev. A. L. Barr July 1891-Sept.
Rev. W. A. Kirkpatrick Sept. 1891-Sept. 1904
M. C. Harris Sept. 1904-Nov. 1905
Rev. W. A. Kirkpatrick Nov. 1905-April 1919
Rev. A. B. Welch Jan. 1920-Jan. 1923
Rev. R. A. Gray May 1923-March 1925
Rev. J. F. Fender Aug. 1927-April 1938
January 19, 1902
Rev. W. A. Kirkpatrick preached his first sermon in the new Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Rock Point.
May 18, 1902
Rev. W. A. Kirkpatrick officiated in the dedication of the new church house.
Between the dates 1904 and 1925, the church held its meetings in the summers, received ministers and members in their due time.
On September 3, 1925, the Session met and after some discussion voted not to transfer to the church in Honey Grove.
March 17, 1929. The Session accepted as a gift a communion service from the Windom Presbyterian Church which had been dissolved.
April 9, 1930. The members met in the home of Mr. E. G. B. Shelton to draw up a resolution:
Whereas, the church in our community . . . having been without a pastor for over 12 months, and whereas the membership . . . has become scattered and so small that we cannot afford a minister even part time, and whereas the church in Honey Grove is so close to our community, having been brought so by good roads and automobiles for easy transportation, we . . . do make the following petition:
1. That the whole membership . . . be transferred to the Main Street Presbyterian Church in Honey Grove.
At the meeting of the Session on July 20, 1898, the question of building a house of worship at Rock Point was considered and the Session agreed to endorse the pastor in an effort to raise the means to build said hour.
The Methodist brethren at Rock Point asked the Session, October 7, 1898, to allow them to buy an interest in our two acre church lot at Rock Point.
It appears that this arrangement was made and that the Methodists built a new house of worship. On September 16, 1900, Rev. W. A. Kirkpatrick preached his first sermon in the new M.E. Church in Rock Point.
On September 22, 1901, the delegate to Presbytery was requested to get permission to sell two acres of land which we own and to approperate the means to a church house that we are building on another piece of land.
July 19, 1891
The undersigned respectfully represent that on the 19th day of July, 1891, there was organized by the Rev. A. L. Barr at Rock Point (three miles south of Honey Grove, Fannin County, Texas) a new church, adopting the principles of Government of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, with a membership of 35. . . .
J. D. Baker
H. A. Perkins
E. G. B. Shelton
R. H. Guthery
List of Charter Members:
J. D. Baker Mrs. S. C. Baker
H. A. Perkins W. D. Baker
Mrs. C. E. Perkins G. B. Baker
Miss Minnie Scarbarough S. B. Baker
D. A. Perkins Mrs. L. E. Baker
Milton Perkins Joe Perkins
Mrs. E. E. Smith Mrs. J. C. Broach
E. G. B. Shelton, Sr. Mrs. M. N. Shelton
M. A. Shelton Mrs. Ella Shelton
W. R. Shope Mrs. S. B. Shope
J. R. Browning R. H. Guthrie
Mrs. Nannie Guthrie Blaine Guthrie
W. J. Luttrell Mrs. L. J. Luttrell
Miss F. J. Barton H. M. Eaton
Miss Janie Blackman Rufus Shelton
Miss Lucy Elison (Shelton) Mrs. R. M. Eaton
J. T. Harris Mrs. J. T. Harris
H. A. Gray John Hillard
Miss Nannie Hillard