Windom Baptist Church
The Windom Baptist Church was organized on August 27, 1885. The small group met in the Liberty School Building for the purpose of beginning a Baptist Church. Reverend E. Owens was moderator and the first pastor of the church, J. F. Kincaid served as the church clerk, and C. R. Cobb was chosen the church treasurer. The first deacon was Mr. W. P. Cappleman. There were thirteen charter members who brought this church into a reality on that August 27, 1885.
The church is proud to know that we now have one hundred and thirty members. The fellowship is still the greatest asset. The present building was built in 1886 and has in the last few years been remodeled throughout. We have added an educational unit for our Bible School needs. . . .
Members of the church in 1885 were Reverend Owens, Mr. and Mrs. W. P. Cappleman, S. W. Henry, J. F. Kincaid, C. R. Cobb, Dr. and Mrs. Womack, Mr. and Mrs. Charley Sanders, Mrs. Troutman, A. A. and Oscar Troutman, Mrs. Belle Cleveland, Miss Mollie Donaldson, and Major and Mrs. Donaldson.
Photos and text below from
Our Town, Windom, Texas, 1972.